- For the points system, see Conform-O-Meter Points System.
The Conform-O-Meter is a ranking system that ranks how acceptable your Springfield is. It ranks you eight categories; Indolence, Consumerism, Tree-hugging, Vanity, Obedience, Gluttony, Righteousness and Socialism. As you level up, the conformity standards are raised.
Depending on how high your overall conformity rating is, you can receive a percentage bonus to all money and experience gained. As of 3 June 2014, as part of the Stonecutters 2014 Event the Conform-O-Meter now displays a "Total Bonus from Conformity and Decorations: ***.**% Money and XP" by adding the percentage bonus from all Premium Decorations that provide a bonus, to the bonus from your Conform-O-Meter (0.5% for every half star in your composite rating). The percentage is now displayed with two digits to the right of the decimal point. A bonus percentage greater than 1000% is possible and there is likely no fixed limit (screenshot in the Gallery, below the Trivia section).
- "Buy houses for families to fight and sleep in."
Indolence ranks you on the amount of homes you have in your Springfield. You can raise it by purchasing and constructing houses. Some examples include the Simpson House, Flanders House, Brown House and Willie's Shack.
- "Buy stores to get suckers to drop dough."
- "Buy plants to make your town greener."
Tree-hugging ranks you on how many nature-related decorations you have in your Springfield. You can raise its level by purchasing trees, flowers, and bushes. Some examples include the Apple Tree, Shrub and Snapdragons.
- "Buy decorations to beautify your town."
- "Buy public buildings to keep society docile."
Obedience ranks you on how many public buildings you have in your Springfield. You can raise its level by purchasing more of them. Some examples include Springfield Elementary, the Springfield Library and the First Church of Springfield. Stop signs and "Hail Ants" signs also count toward Obedience rating.
- "Buy restaurants for people too lazy to cook."
- "Keep criminals and graffiti off the streets."
Righteousness ranks you on how often you remove vandalism and catch criminals. It can be raised by cleaning graffiti left by neighboring Springfields and by arresting Sideshow Bob whenever he appears. The Player can also put the S.W.A.T. Van and Training Walls. This was not available on the Android version of the game until the update on 11 April 2013.
- "Make friends and visit them."
Socialism ranks you on how many friends the Player have and how often you visit their Springfields. It can be raised by adding friends and visiting them often. This was not available on the Android version of the game until the update on 11 April 2013.
- If you tap on the words Conform-O-Meter at the top, it will display the Bonus you are getting from Conformity (in Krustyland, tapping on the words Krust-o-meter in the Krust-O-Meter will do the same).
- If you can get your total bonus up to 650.00%, then you can get 100% conversion of Cash to Experience when buying and reselling most Decorations (most decorations give Experience equal to 10% of the purchase price and the resale on almost all decorations and buildings is 25%, so with a 650 percent bonus the total XP is 75% of the purchase price, and the final cost after resale is 75% too). This can be done with buildings too, but Decorations have the advantage of zero build time. The Bloodmobile is currently the most expensive Decoration that can be bought in multiples so it is great for converting large sums of cash to Experience quickly.
- Totals over 1000 percent are possible, and an interesting thing happens at 990%. For some odd reason 0.01% is added once your total gets to 990% or higher, which is why the total in the screenshot below is 1020.01% (no item in the game gives 0.01%, the Picket Fence is the lowest at 0.05%).