GOO (or Ghostly Organofluid Outflow) was the limited time currency available during the Treehouse of Horror XXIV Event. It was accumulated in order to win unique prizes. It was also accumulated in the Community prizes, where all players of The Simpsons: Tapped Out had their GOO counted together. When the Community GOO balance was high enough, unique prizes were won. The highest prize was King Homer's Skyscraper, which required 30 billion GOO. Any user could have contributed, whether logged in or playing anonymously.
GOO was acquired in a number of ways. It was collected not only in your Springfield, but in your neighbor's as well in the following ways:
- Tapping ghosts and characters possessed by ghosts (1 GOO each, and a 1/1000 chance to receive 1 Donut).
- Sending certain characters on jobs which collect GOO for income. Marge, Homer, Bart, Lisa, Martin, Milhouse, Nelson and Mr. Burns had repeatable GOO tasks. 12 hour tasks gave 5 GOO each and 16 hour tasks gave 8 GOO each. Apu, Ned, and Frink had GOO jobs once the quest was completed; The Ghost in the Machine-based App Pt. 9.
- Visit a neighbor and you can tap 5 ghosts in their Springfield (1 GOO per ghost).
- Visit a neighbor and you can haunt 3 buildings (after you have completed The Ghost In The Machine - part 3 - starting when Ned says, "Homer, I hate to be a specter hector, but your ghosts are all over the Flanders homestead.") You will receive at least 2 GOO per building haunted. There is a one in a thousand chance of receiving 1 free Donut when you haunt.
- Tap on your haunted buildings in your town (you will receive at least 2 Goo per haunted building).
- Killing gremlins in your Springfield (2 GOO per Gremlin).
- Completing tasks within the Treehouse of Horror XXIV quest-chain. (25 GOO)
- Income from gremlins that you have released in your friend's towns.
Residents with Limited-Time GOO JobsEdit
|Homer||12h||Deal with Ghosts||5, 100|
|Homer||12h||Be Possessed By Maude||5, 100||Single Use|
|Homer||12h||Get Possessed by Bont and Live Another Day||5, 100||Single Use|
|Marge||12h||Tidy up Ghosts||5, 100|
|Marge the Witch||16h||Trick or Treat||8, 125|
|Mr. Burns||12h||Eliminate Ghosts||5, 100|
|Lisa||16h||Trick or Treat (as a Witch)||8, 125|
|Bart||16h||Trick or Treat (as Frankenstein's Monster)||8, 125|
|Milhouse||16h||Trick or Treat (as a Spaceman)||8, 125|
|Martin||16h||Trick or Treat (as Calliope the Muse)||8, 125|
|Nelson||16h||Trick or Treat (as a Hobo)||8, 125|
|Maude||8h||Get Revenge on Homer||3, 70|
|Maude||24h||Haunt Springfield||10, 150|
|Maude||12h||Possess Homer||5, 100||Single Use|
|Ned||12h||Spend time with Possessed Homer||5, 100||Single Use|
|Ned||24h||Sprinkle Ghosts with Holy Water||10, 150|
|Apu||24h||Reincarnate Ghosts||10, 150|
|Prof. Frink||24h||Have an Epistomological Argument with Ghosts||15, 225|