Merrymakers were NPCs during Act 1 and Act 2 of the Winter 2015 Event that gave currencies to progress with the event. They appeared on the streets of the Player's Springfield and their Neighbors' Springfields. When the player tapped them, they were rewarded with prize and crafting currency. Tap radius could be increased by upgrading the Hot Squishee Station.
In Act 3, Merrymakers were replaced by Imaginary Bears.
There were two different ways to collect rewards:
- In the player's own town, they rewarded:
- In their Friends' Towns for the first 50 actions, they rewarded:
- 3 Festive Hats or Mistletoe AND 1 Bauble for the first 9 actions.
- 1 Festive Hat or Mistletoe AND 1 Bauble for the remaining 41 actions.
- The amount of Baubles was increased from 1 to 3 with an in-game update on December 24.
- A maximum of 40 Merrymakers could be found in the player's town at a time.
- However once the limit was reached, Merrymakers kept spawning to a bank until a total of 60 was reached.
- Merrymakers moved from the bank as soon as the ones in Springfield were tapped.
- One new Merrymaker was spawned every 5 minutes.
- With the total of 60 Merrymakers, players needed to log into the game every 5 hours in order to tap every single one.
- The rewards in neighbors' towns could be doubled by purchasing the Winter Festival Ticket.
Merrymakers appeared in three random skins. However these skins had no difference except for the look.