- "Squidport" redirects here. For the quest chain, see Squidport (quest chain). For all other uses, see Squidport (disambiguation).
- For the expansions on the ocean, see Land Expansion.
The new buildings included could only be placed on Boardwalk Sections. This made placing them especially hard, due to the fact the player has to wait to build more of them. Overall, nine boardwalk buildings were released - two being premium - and they all take up at least 4 spaces of boardwalk tile. Planet Hype and the Ferris Wheel were the only premium buildings, and were therefore not part of the Squidport quest chain. For the latter, an additional side quest was added.
Thirty new plots of land were opened up on the ocean side, and beaches automatically replaced the rocky mud edge into the ocean. Some items, such as the Houseboat, can only be placed on the ocean. Regular decorations can be placed on boardwalk tiles, but not all boardwalk decorations can be placed on regular land. Land decorations and some Squidport decorations can now be placed on the beaches. Also, fences were now able to turn a full 360 degrees with the update, and the odds and pricing for Springfield Downs changed. It will now cost the player $2000 to place a bet, and the top payout is $200000. Although this may seem good, the odds of getting the top payout are 99:1 and you may only place a bet now once every 8 hours, when before the player could bet every hour. The update also updated the Other Springfield to Level 30 for higher level players.
Below is a list of all the new content included in the original Squidport Update on June 12, 2013.
|Planet Hype||6 seconds||150||Level 15, Squidport Pt.5|
|Ferris Wheel||6 seconds||120||Level 15, Squidport Pt.5|
|The Itchy and Scratchy Store||24 hours||35000||Level 15, Squidport Pt.5|
|Malaria Zone||24 hours||47500||Level 15, Squidport Pt.7|
|Just Rainsticks||24 hours||52000||Level 15, Squidport Pt.9|
|The Frying Dutchman||24 hours||43000||Level 15, Squidport Pt.11|
|Turban Outfitters||24 hours||61500||Level 16, Squidport Pt.13|
|My First Tattoo||24 hours||54500||Level 17, Squidport Pt.14|
|Much Ado About Muffins||24 hours||48500||Level 18, Squidport Pt.15|
|Crypto Barn||24 hours||81000||Level 19, Squidport Pt.16|
|Squidport Entrance||4500||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 2|
|Houseboat||15000||Level 15, The Old Man and the Sea Pt. 1|
|Basketball Game||40||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Boardwalk Bench||325||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Boardwalk Fountain||75||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Coffee Kart||850||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Fence||270||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Tree||385||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Fried Dough Stand||945||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 12|
|Hotdog Stand||20||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Lamp Post||450||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Lemonade Stand||760||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Popcorn Stand||10||Level 15, Squidport Pt. 5|
|Name||Cost/How To Unlock||Character Collection|
|Human Statue||10000||Street Performers|
|Fire Eater||70||Street Performers|
- Upon the release of the Squidport Expansion, the lamp post from the Christmas Event strangely disappeared. This could be due to the fact that a new lamp post was released with the same name, therefore accidentally overwriting the old one. However, the old lamppost returned in an in-game update that came not long after the event started.
- Banana Dictatorship and Johnny Fiestas are the only buildings that can be placed in the Boardwalk Section as well as in the Grass.
- The Freak Show Tent can be placed on a Boardwalk Section as well as in the Grass.